Saturday, April 3, 2010

Whatcha Got Cooking



Grandma was so kind and loving to me. I remember so many good times we had at her house when we were kids. She always spoiled us and gave us Pepsi. Her cooking was the best I've ever had. There were always several kinds of homemade cookies filling her cookie jars, and special cakes that she decorated so pretty. Sometimes she let us eat on TV trays and watch “Hee-Haw.” Her dining room table was always spread like a country buffet with everyone’s favorite dishes.

I remember as a small girl helping her in the kitchen. She would pull up a step stool to the stove and let me stir the gravy, and she taught me how to crack an egg without breaking the yoke. I still have many of her special recipes that she sent me in the mail after I got married and had my own family to feed. She used to have a hot pad that had a kissing couple on it with the saying “Kissin’ don’t last … good cooking do.”

Written by,
Suzannne Busic Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment